Roundup of free bag tutorials | How About Orange

September 06, 2013

Roundup of free bag tutorials


If you're in the mood for some weekend sewing, take one of these free purse and pouch tutorials for a spin:

Ruffled pouches with decorative stitching at See Kate Sew (yup, those black and white patterns are THREAD.)
See-through vinyl pouch at Bonjour Quilts
DIY backpack from Petit a Petit & Family
Oilcloth pool tote with mesh pocket by Sewbon
Patchwork pencil case from A Spoonful of Sugar
Foldover tote at The Sewing Rabbit

Have fun! I'll be working on some curtains for our guest room this weekend. Unless I decide to spray paint some stuff. Or concoct wall art. Or pick up some patio furniture. Or shop for light fixtures.

8 comments:

Grandma G said...

I AM in the mood for some weekend sewing! Need anything? Like doll clothes? ;)

Mum

Jessica Jones said...

I think I'm good, thanks.

ali said...

nice post

Ksenija said...

Lovely! Thank so much for this! I have been looking for interesting and not so difficult to make patterns for bags for my upcoming sewing lessons.

Think Bowtique said...

Love the ruffle bags. Looks like they will be fun to make.

Erin || Sewbon.com said...

Thank you so much for featuring my oil cloth pool tote! :)

Laura said...

How cute!

Kate G said...

Thanks for the link. I 'm on my way to a new bag! Vinyl? Could be.