This Saturday: Etsy pop-up at West Elm Chicago | How About Orange

June 19, 2013

This Saturday: Etsy pop-up at West Elm Chicago


Need something to do on Saturday afternoon? Come mingle with me and local Etsy artists selling their goods at West Elm in Chicago. This pop-up shop is one day only, so don't blink or you'll miss it!

Saturday, June 22
1pm – 6pm
West Elm
1000 W. North Avenue, Chicago, IL


If browsing handmade art, housewares, jewelry and paper goods isn't enticing enough, let's add some free food and entertainment:

Handmade soda by Seasons Soda
Mini chocolate-orange creamsicles from Salted Caramel (I told West Elm there had to be something orange or I'd refuse to come.*)
DJ-ing by Kristin Marks from Toast & Jam DJs
Photo booth fun by Smilebooth

Spread the word and RSVP here on Facebook!

For a complete list of participating vendors, visit West Elm's blog. The good stuff pictured above: Rabbit by Lucius Art, mug by Second Chance Ceramics, card by Shawna X, bowl by Up in the Air Somewhere, pillow by Kissen Studio, State Street print by Ariyama Studio, pendant by Isette, pomade by Ethically Engineered.

See you Saturday!

*Kidding. I said nothing of the sort. But it was fun to write because it made me sound like a famous person for a second. Or at least a DIY maven, though I am not certain what that is.

16 comments:

Grandma G said...

Wish I could come and watch you curate.

Mum

Jessica Jones said...

Ha, that made me laugh. The curatin' was done months ago. What else can I find to curate? Probably the contents of my closets would be a good place to start.

Grandma G said...

Now you made me go look up the word. :-P

Mum

Jessica Jones said...

And now you made ME go look up "curate." I already had to look up "maven."

I just found an interesting article on how blogs and businesses have begun using the word "curate."

Grandma G said...

Yeah... I saw that article, and I was tempted to quote this from it: “it’s an innocent form of self-inflation" but decided not to. I should've. ;)

And now I know "maven", too. You are one, y'know......

Jessica Jones said...

Ha, you should have! For the record, I didn't use either of those words myself or design the pop-up shop poster. But I like how fancy it sounds. :)

Grandma G said...

They let you "curate" but not "design"?! Something seems amiss here....... ;)

Jessica Jones said...

No, it's great! Less work for me!!!

Andrea said...

Who knew there was such a thing as mustache pomade...thanks to you now I know there is!

Thread Riding Hood said...

Lucky you - too bad I'm not in Chicago or I'd be there for sure. What is funnier is your conversation with Grandma G! Love it! ~Sherri sherri@threadridinghood.com

Jessica Jones said...

Hi Sherri!

Anonymous said...

Hello! Is it necessary to RSVP to attend the event?

Jessica Jones said...

Nope, you can just show up. It just helps West Elm get an idea for food and such.

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Looking forward to see what you've curated. Hee.

Mackenzie said...

I'm so excited for this!!

Mackenzie
www.heybirdfriend.com

Jessica Jones said...

See you there!