New ribbon designs for dog collars | How About Orange

June 20, 2013

New ribbon designs for dog collars

Bella Bark & Meow enlisted me to whip up some geometric patterns for their latest dog collars and leashes. My favorites are the bow tie-ish triangles and the circular pattern that looks subliminally like martini glasses. These are available here in four sizes.

I spotted a couple other collars with ribbon I'd designed over at Design Sponge the other day. I am taking the dog collar world by storm, people! Ironically, I've never owned a pup, though about 10,328 of them live in my neighborhood.

Random story: although my city has posted signs prohibiting "dog nuisances," there are still folks who can't be bothered to pick up their pets' poo from the grass in front of our building. The other day an anonymous person printed up a small, sarcastic sign that read, "Thanks for being a great neighbor!" and staked it in the lawn next to a pile of doodoo. A friend in the building said he was instantly tempted to make an even tinier sign, mounted on a toothpick, saying, "You're welcome!" And then I had a glorious vision of a long line of signs poked into the grass, each smaller than the next like Russian nesting dolls. In an increasingly passive aggressive, tiny conversation, eventually so small only ants could read it. So awesome.

11 comments:

Grandma G said...

My dog would be proud to wear one of your beautifully designed collars... if I had a dog. My cat would probably go nuts if I put a collar on her... no matter the designer. ;)

Mum

Maggie S. said...

So cute! Makes me want to get a puppy even more!

Ellie said...

And then somebody could photograph the signs and post them on the passiveagressivenotes site!

Love your designs and I think my dog will have to buy one of your collars immediately.

Jessica Jones said...

YES!

Thanks; hope your dog has fun shopping.

Kelsey said...

I love your vision! So funny!

Unknown said...

Super cute! I love your blog and your designs. I'm hoping to get an Iphone case in the flower design in the near future!

-Melissa
scavengerhunttheblog.blogspot.com

Thread Riding Hood said...

Love it when a post makes me laugh out loud - thanks! I do like the collar designs, but I am pretty sure we will never get a dog unless my husband has a sudden change of heart. :) ~Sherri

Snow Blowers said...

Wow. These collars are so cute. I wish i could buy one for my dog. He doesn't like to wear collars. Stub born guy.

Posh Lady said...

So, I submitted the photo with a little ditty on passiveaggressivenotes.com. We'll see if it goes up on the site! Xfingers crossedX

Jessica Jones said...

I hope I hope I hope! I love that site. Keep me posted!

Unknown said...

Some of these collars are lovely! I got a gorgeous one for my Jack Russel from Purplebone.com