Wine glass flags: printable template | How About Orange

March 05, 2012

Wine glass flags: printable template

Awhile back a friend asked if I had any wine glass charms to help guests avoid mixing up their glasses at her party. (This sort of thing, for example.) I did not. But it occurs to me that it would be A) easy to make your own and B) nice to customize the colors to match your dishes, the current holiday, or your party theme. Plus it might be nice to have a tag you can write on, since after a few glasses of wine, can anyone really remember if they had the blue charm or the green one? (Then again, after a few glasses of wine, maybe you don't care whose glass you drink out of, either.)

If you'd like to make your own wine glass flags, I've made a printable template. Print the PDF at 100% onto solid or patterned paper, cut out the tags, and wrap them around glass stems using the slits to secure them.

Each guest could grab a tag and write their name on it. Or you could open the PDF in Adobe Illustrator, if you have it, and type names or messages yourself. Or open it in Adobe Reader and use the Typewriter tool. If you want water-resistant tags that might survive a few parties, laminate your sheet of paper with strips of packing tape on the front and back sides and provide a dry-erase pen for guests' names.

Download the template file right here.

I'll post an alternate design tomorrow.

33 comments:

Grandma G said...

Well, aren't you clever?!

Mum

Nancy said...

These tags are so creative and such a good idea for dinner parties. Thanks

http://www.etsy.com/shop/sweeteststrawberry

Bobbypin Bandit said...

These are splendid!

Thank you so much!

Loren said...

Love this, my mother and I have been trying to find non-obnoxious wine-glass tags for a while now. These are pretty cute.

Ada (hellooo home) said...

What a GREAT idea!!! I luv it!

Suzanne said...

You are brilliant! No tape, easy solution.

Meags Keogh said...

Another tip that I saw recently and loved was....paint the bottom of the glasses with blackboard paint and the you can write what you want when you want. Blackboard paint comes in all sorts of colours now too.

Sharon said...

This is an amazing idea.

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it just be easier to cut it out of post-its?

Branka said...

I suggest different collors for tags. Collor is more distinctive than different names written on tags which are all the same collor?

Riti Roy said...

Please don't mind, Jessica . But your posts are getting increasingly boring. I was (still am) a regular reader and I don't feel like coming back and checking what you have updated. The round-ups aren't brilliant either (but , that's my opinion).

Helena, Craft and Creativity said...

I think it's a great idea and I did something similar for my birthday party last weekend! :) Thanks for sharing. Your blog is a great source of inspiration as always!!!

Crafting Play said...

These are great- thank you for putting in the time and sharing :)

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 2 post on Mar. 06, 2012. Thanks again.

Pam said...

I think that if you can't say something nice.....don't waste your time saying anything!

Anonymous said...

This is such a simple idea, and has such great impact. This is going to save my next party from "wasting" too many glasses!

L said...

This is such a great idea. I've seen many cute wine glass charms, but really, I think they are a bit over the top. I like your idea much better, particularly the customizable paper option.

September Roberts said...

Thank you!

Unknown said...

How lovely! Will be using these at the nearest oppertunity!! xox

I would love it if you could have a look at my blog.....

www.bluebellelovely.blogspot.com

Becky xx

Rose Clearfield said...

Thanks for the great printable and tips!

Deb Baker said...

Very cute, very simple idea - many thanks! xox

Unknown said...

Oh that was a clever idea! I made wine charms for our wedding http://blog.mummybrain.com/2012/02/tutorial-wedding-favour-wine-glass-charms.html but they are slightly harder, however we gave them away as favours.

Geschenkeberaterin auf Geschenkeberater.eu said...

Wow! It´s one of the "Geschenkideen der Woche":
www.geschenkeberater.eu
;-)

Anonymous said...

Brilliant idea. And free! Thank you so much.

Rings said...

Love the attention to detail, great idea for a wedding

Clare said...

They are great, such a simple but effective idea!

Anonymous said...

Thanks!!!

Tiffany said...

Thank you for this wonderful idea! My company is using it for a wine event we're sponsoring as a way to get our branding all over. Perfect!

looloo said...

Love this idea, but I can't seem to type in the template - adobe says the creator must enable the typewriter tool. Can you help please :) ?

Jessica Jones said...

In Reader, in the top menu go to Tools > Typewriter > Typewriter. Then click in the document wherever you want and start typing.

To change the font, color, and size, pull up the Typewriter Toolbar, also available until Tools > Typewriter. To move your text around, select your new text box with the regular hand tool and drag.

Hope that helps!

Jessica Jones said...

Oops, I meant "under" not "until." :)

nancy said...

These are great! I've been looking for a more modern take on the wine glass tag and these are perfect. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Genius thank you so much !