Geometric lamp shade with tape | How About Orange

April 28, 2014

Geometric lamp shade with tape


After swapping out this dining room light fixture for this one I love, our room got a lot dimmer. We needed extra lighting in a corner, so we bought a shelf floor lamp at Target. It was looking a little Asian, though, which is not part of the plan. So to distract myself from that, and since we're going pattern crazy in this room, I decided to give it a little sumthin' sumthin.' There are more than enough swirly lines in there already, so I made geometric shapes with this 3M 1/8" vinyl tape.


It's repositionable and removable for when I get tired of it.


I'm really pleased with how good it looks. You wouldn't even know it's tape until you put your nose right up there to inspect it.


9 comments:

Myyna said...

Wow, it looks wonderful!

Kris C. said...

That's really cool! I like it!

Grandma G said...

Very cool! I hope the heat from the bulb(s) doesn't turn it into "permanent". Or do you have fluorescent in there?

Mum

Kristen Scioli White said...

Tres chic!

Maggie said...

I saw a lamp just like this one on craigslist a few weeks ago and thought it was really cool, but I also got the Asian-decor-vibes from it, so I didn't go for it. Now I think I should have!

Megumi said...

You made a right decision. As you thought, the lamp looks Asian as it was, and it wouldn't match to the wall paper. Now it is perfect with the tape!!!

mehungie said...

Awesome update, very smart!

Judy said...

Looks cool. I like the pot underneath too. Where did you get it?

Jessica Jones said...

The pot was from Sprout Home in Chicago several years ago.