Tricky trompe l'oeil pillows | How About Orange

February 18, 2014

Tricky trompe l'oeil pillows


These photo-realistic throw pillows are whimsical and fun. I'd be curious to see how the three dimensional illusions hold up in person, but they look very cool in photos. Maybe we should try a DIY version– take a photo, print it on transfer paper, and iron it onto fabric. Or for higher quality, print the fabric at Spoonflower and sew it into cushions.

1. Succulent by Plantillo.
2. Chesterfield sofa by Morondanga
3. Oak tree by Nicklas Gustafsson
4. Geogami by Snurk
5. Art deco detail by Tammy Winand
6. Pug by Benwinewin
7. Leaf by Plantillo

6 comments:

Grandma G said...

Wow, those are cool! I think you should get #5 for your house.

Mum/podiuming again ;)

Jessica Jones said...

Congratulations on your first place finish, Mum.

I like #4 the best! (Thanks for that link, Andrea!)

Grandma G said...

Thanks! I got gold!!! Where's my medal?

Yeah, that looks more like you. I'd go for #3 and put it in the basement.

Ros said...

I love these! Especially #2. I just love the idea of a trompe l'oeil cushion of a cushion.

Niki {Glossy Blonde} said...

Oh my gosh that pug pillow is so funny and cute!

AMR said...

Wah! The bark pillow! Love it.