Chicago photographer Simply Jessie came over and shot me | How About Orange

May 03, 2010

Chicago photographer Simply Jessie came over and shot me

With her camera, not a gun. Jessie Stevens of Simply Jessie Photography is beginning a new series on her blog: mini interviews with local small business owners. You can read my interview full of profound thoughts and great wisdom; see part one and part two.

People, I really don't like having my picture taken. I tend to become paralyzed with fright and can't figure out what in the world to do with my hands or my teeth or my chin or my eyelids. Somehow Jessie made me forget about all that, which is a complete miracle. (I recommend rolling around in a pile of fabric and feigning sleep as one way to help get past it.) We laughed a lot. Jessie provided exactly the right amount of direction; she's a pro. If you want gorgeous photos but hate getting your picture taken, she's your photographer. And for a limited time, she's offering a discount on photo sessions.

Get 20% off until May 14
Fill out the contact form on Simply Jessie's site. Mention "How About Orange" in your comments to get 20% off a full family portrait or 15% off an entire wedding package. But you must book by Friday, May 14th!

17 comments:

Susan said...

great interview and photos

Sarah @ Mum In Bloom said...

Both great interview posts and photos. I love the one of you laying in the fabric.. you're obviously surrounded by what you love :) Keep up the great work!

Grandma G said...

I must say... that photo you posted is 'not' one of the best I've seen of you! lol

But the ones on her blog are great!! :)

And now I understand about the yak.

Love you,
Mum (still think I must be related to "Mum In Bloom"!)

Jessica Jones said...

What do you mean? I think it's a very flattering shot of my thumb and index finger.

Grandma G said...

True. But the rest of you looks like I don't have my glasses on.

Live a Colorful Life said...

However, it IS a great photo of the pantone color chip!

Andrea said...

Blessings,
andrea

Grandma G said...

You're right, LACL... and it's even the right color.

Megumi said...

Hey!

I like the part "I can decide in a nanosecond"

Really?
;-)

clearlytangled said...

what a relief that she shot you with a camera, and not a gun!

Jessica Jones said...

Okay, fine, Megumi. I may have exaggerated slightly. Maybe a full second, not a nanosecond.

Radostina // 79ideas.org said...

i love this interview.
by the way... all pictures are great. :)))


xoxo,
raru

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I love your red shirt.

Anonymous said...

Love the photos and interview!!! i would like to add, that i look forward to your time waster posts. they are truly worthwhile when i feel "stuck" with a design or project. and, sometimes i retest myself on the font or cheese game!

hi-d said...

So cool. That was a fun interview and fun seeing your pretty face! :)

sideoats + scribbles said...

Loved reading the interview and those are fab photos! :)

And I gotta admit it, that deodorant post was too funny. ha! :) I like all your diy posts best. And anything with orange, of course!

Gabree ella said...

It's so nice to get to know you a little better :)! Thanks for the blog, and thanks for sharing YOU.