Where to get affordable art prints | How About Orange

October 29, 2007

Where to get affordable art prints


This print hanging in our den is by an artist called Metrofader. It's available online at Imagekind, a website where you can order prints in a variety of sizes and framing options (I ordered mine unframed and it cost a whopping $16.24. And it's even more gorgeous in person: the paper is thick, good quality stuff and the colors are rich with a velvety matte finish.) If you're an artist yourself, you can open a shop and sell your prints there, too. Some of my faves: Matasaburo Kazeno and Jason Brockert.

Thumbtack Press is another source of art prints. You don't get to choose the size print you'd like, but there are lots of interesting artists.

Left: Funny Houses by Sarajo Frieden. Right: Pistachio Ice Cream by Vanessa Tam.

10 comments:

studio wellspring said...

omg ~ so much gorgeousness. i adore that umbrella print!!

Hedgehog said...

What a cool resource!

Anonymous said...

This is great - thanks for sharing! I also love Tiny Showcase for affordable art prints... if only you didn't have to act so fast to get one. :)

Unknown said...

you read my mind! thanks for the info.

Yas said...

The better part of my day is reading your designer blog. Love it, love it, love it.

Michelle said...

oh these are all so cool, great stuff.

Olivia Twist said...

You have the best blog ever! You have such awesome stuff posted everywhere on your blog. :-)
We were just talking about needing some art on our walls...COOL...a place to go.
thanks.
Lexie.

Jesse said...

Thanks for this link. I've just signed on there and am filling my gallery. What a great site!

Anonymous said...

My girlfriend loves your blog and keeps recommending it to me, so now I've started reading it pretty often. I love the art you pick out, reminds me of a few of my posts. Keep it up!

Jessica Jones said...

Thanks for visiting, Ravi. That's cool!