Stitch Savvy, a really pretty sewing book | How About Orange

January 09, 2013

Stitch Savvy, a really pretty sewing book

I just got my hands on a copy of Stitch Savvy by Deborah Moebes. First, the part where I get excited because some of my Outside Oslo fabric makes an appearance, including that beautiful shot on the cover.

Some Tulip.

Some Picket.

Second, the part where I admire all the lovely projects and pick out some of my favorites:

A fun footstool slipcover.

A really cute purse. You can also sew the shirt. If you wear them together, you will laugh happily.

There are even instructions for a jacket. If I managed to sew an entire jacket, I wouldn't be able to stop beaming, either.

I haven't studied the book enough to evaluate the instructions, but I love the visual style of it. All the fabrics Deborah uses are terrific, and the photos look clear and helpful. You can peek inside and get a copy at Amazon.

10 comments:

Grandma G said...

Wow, it looks great! I want to see you make that jacket... and beam afterwards, of course!

Mum

P.S. How does this 'sharing' you promised work long-distance?

Maria said...

Looks promising! I like the sound of the projects included and I'll give a big plus for including metric measurements in the instructions! Lovely look, too.

Kathleen said...

I have one too! I just haven't had time to look at it yet. It looks like there are great projects in there. Maybe this weekend!!! :)

Unknown said...

Oh I love those bags!!

Nina said...

This is the sequel to Stitch By Stitch, right? I've been thinking of sending that to my new-sewist cousins - I like the idea of projects organised in order of complexity. Good to know about the metric measurements, too...

Melissa I. said...

Deborah is local to me at Whipstitch Fabrics! Thanks for posting about her second book. I'll have to pick up Stitch Savvy - these projects look like a lot of fun. So special to see your fabric featured!

Jessica Jones said...

Nina, yep--Stitch By Stitch is also by Deborah.

honeyash said...

let us know what you think of the instructions after you have a chance to study them.

able mabel said...

Your Outside Oslo line is one of my favorites, always has been and always will be.

Jessica Jones said...

Wow, thanks, Able Mable!