Make a felt hot air balloon mobile | How About Orange

July 30, 2012

Make a felt hot air balloon mobile

Hot air balloons are floating all around the internet lately. I'm not sure they'll ever reach owl status, but their popularity is certainly on the rise. Make a colorful hot air balloon mobile from felt using How Joyful's free pattern (via Craft Gossip). Or if paper is more your speed, try the gorgeous woven versions at PaperMatrix— they've added new designs #3 and #4, plus a basic video tutorial on how to assemble the balloons.

13 comments:

Grandma G said...

I refuse to let Courtney see this! We have enough projects lined up, what with your kitty and alphabet printables! ;)

Mum

Aubrey said...

sooooo cute!

Anonymous said...

I literally just got started on a crochet hot-air-balloon mobile last week. Get out of my brain!

feltonthefly said...

Well how fun is this! I can't wait to get started : ) Thanks for sharing this idea!

Janet, FeltOnTheFly
http://www.feltonthefly.com

Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com said...

LOVE!!! So cute.

Marjorie said...

ooh these are too cute!

Tofuwurstsemmel said...

Used to make those with my grandmother when I was a kid. These are beautiful! Don't even have the strange combinations of colours ours used to have (of course grandma let me pick them). We also made a large baloon as an advent calender and attached 24 little sand sacks with tiny sweets inside. Oh, nice to reminisce about those days...

Lady Moss said...

Divine! More Christmas ideas :)

al_and_co said...

I love it ! "génial" as we say in France ;-)

Joy @ HowJoyful said...

Thank you for featuring my hot air balloon mobile!! =]

Marie said...

Oh, so sweet! Must do!

Dorkys Ramos said...

Now this is adorable. I might have to remember this when my time comes...years from now.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Bee Craft Inspirations, under the Page 1 post on Aug. 12, 2012. Thanks again.