Summer t-shirt DIY projects | How About Orange

May 17, 2012

Summer t-shirt DIY projects

Have you heard? Gap and Threadless are teaming up for a series of "TIY" (T-It-Yourself) tutorials, with a new one posted every Friday on Gap's Facebook page. Photo instructions will demonstrate how to turn old shirts into fun accessories including flip flops, laptop sleeves, and beach bags. I'm curious to see what they come up with. See the flip flop project here.

The idea, according to the PR email I received, is for us to make crafts with our old t-shirts so we'll have more room to fit Gap's new Ts into our wardrobe. I'm not sure the campaign will cause me to buy t-shirts, but this photo is inspiring me to finally remove January's last remaining flecks of old nail polish from my toes and paint them pink.

12 comments:

tasselflower (Mervi) said...

That DIY (or TIY) is really funny! Thanks for letting me know about this, would've missed it otherwise... Now I'm actually thinking what I could do to make my old flipflops funnier...

Grandma G said...

Want some of your old T-shirts? Bet I could come up with some! ;)

Mum

Jessica Jones said...

I've probably got enough here, but thanks!! :)

TCruz said...

Love it! Thanks so much for sharing. I'm always looking for new ways to update my flipflops

Anonymous said...

Love u! Now I'm taking your inspiration further and I'm gonna have a bath!:)

Jessica Jones said...

Excellent. I hope it's not your first since January, like my toe situation.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm:) One week:) By the way I've a letter.

dear GAP,
You are using children workers in India.
We learnt that.
Sincerely,
me.

Alma said...

January, as in the nail polish that you put on specifically for Alt?

Ruth said...

if you like sandals that tie you should check out ssekos. their sandals are like origami for your feet :) http://ssekodesigns.com/

Jessica Jones said...

Alma, good guess, but it's from when I was in Puerto Rico for New Year's. At Alt I had unsightly toes but figured nobody would know since I wore socks.

Jessica Jones said...

Ruth, you had me at origami for your feet! I'll check it out!

Julia said...

Why don't you paint them orange?