Various How About Orange sightings | How About Orange

July 27, 2011

Various How About Orange sightings

Dorkys Ramos, New York City magazine writer extraordinaire who blogs at Dry as Toast, has posted an interview with me today in which I blabber on about blenders, running an Etsy shop, and the color orange. Read it right here.

How About Orange also received a brief mention at Women's Health Magazine this week. They linked to my post about Kimanh's recipe cards, in which I stated my love for carbs. Now I fear they're secretly judging me.

Finally, thank you to Flipboard for featuring How About Orange in the "Living" section of the Flipboard app. Look at that: sandwiched between Bob Vila and Oprah. It doesn't get much better than that. For those who aren't familiar with Flipboard, it's a free social magazine app for the iPad. Load it up with your Facebook and Twitter accounts, favorite blogs and news sites, then read them all like a magazine, turning pages as you go. I use it. I love it.

19 comments:

Dorkys Ramos said...

A friend was just going on about how much he loves his Flipboard app on the iPad the other day. From what he described it sounds like a much more engaging way to read through all those subscriptions and updates. Really makes me wish someone close to me had an iPad so I could play with one outside of work.

And Bob Vila AND Oprah? Girl, you've got it made :)

Jessica Jones said...

Not to mention The Car Connection. Sweet!
Kidding. I don't know what that is. All cars look alike to me. But I understand there are people who like cars.

pascale said...

I'm not sure where I've been but I've only just discovered your blog...Loved reading this interview, love your tutorials (I do some too but not sure they're in the same league)...and I also have an (unhealthy) love for the colour orange!

Grandma G said...

So you finally figured it out. You ARE, indeed, adopted.

Mum/offtheradartoo

P.S. Thank you, Dorkys Ramos, for your kind words about Jess's sewer!

P.P.S. She really is NOT adopted, folks! I have the scars to prove it (but I won't show you).

Now, Jess, I'm off to see you on my Flipboard which I have previously avoided as I seem to spend WAY too much time there when I do open it! But you're worth it. ;) LOVE YOU!!!

Jessica Jones said...

Aw, thanks, Mum. And I really hate math. Too bad I didn't get those genes.

Dorkys Ramos said...

You two are a riot. I can just imagine the back-to-back banter when you're around each other. And Grandma G, for a second you had me wondering when I commented on Jess' septic system :p

Jessica Jones said...

Wah hah ha!

amytangerine said...

woo hoo! love flipboard, what a perfect match. congrats!

Grandma G said...

DITTO what Jess just said. My stomach is starting to hurt and tears are rolling down my face!

Almost. ;)

But I am laughing really hard. Seriously.

Jess, I don't think we're nearly this good in person, are we?

Mum

Grandma G said...

Just for the record, we call each other Boss and Sewer.

When we're in the midst of a sewing project, that is. :)

SHE'S the boss, of course.

Jessica Jones said...

Heck no. In person, we're about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Nancy Wyatt said...

Flipboard is my absolute FAV app! I'm off to see the orange siting ;)

Grandma G said...

As interesting as dry toast???

Jessica Jones said...

Not even that interesting, I'm afraid.

Dorkys Ramos said...

Yeah, that's all me. Though that's a reference to my sarcastic humor rather than my awesome personality.

Right.

Kristy said...

Personally I think that baby holding the coffee cup is one little cutie! haha. Congrats on all the sightings :)

Jessica Jones said...

YES! Ha! A Carlson sighting! Nice photo :)

Rose Clearfield said...

Congrats on all of the features!

elysa said...

also - http://pinterest.com/source/howaboutorange.blogspot.com/

it's only loading some right now for some reason but I know there are several of your items floating around pretty pretty pinterest world!