How to make strawberries from felt or paper | How About Orange

June 09, 2010

How to make strawberries from felt or paper

I have strawberries on the brain at the moment, and these felt versions are totally adorable. Get a tutorial for this chocolate-covered strawberry from Honey Girl Studio. (Look out! There's music, so hit mute if you don't want your boss to catch you skulking around the internet.)

This bowl of strawberries has downloadable instructions right here by Mr. Monkeysuit. Or get another free pattern here at Lit'l Brown Bird.

If you'd rather not stab your finger with a needle because you like paper cuts better, try folding origami strawberries like these from Flickr user N'omettre Rien.

Panda Snacks made an insane cake with them. You'll need some strawberry origami folding paper, available here at Etsy. This video shows how to fold them.

As I was preparing this post, a strange thing happened. I took a break to poke around YouTube, curious to see what the music artist Marina and the Diamonds looks like, since Are You Satisfied and I Am Not a Robot recently infiltrated my head. The first video I clicked was this. Are those felt strawberries attached to her shoulders?!

19 comments:

Grandma G said...

I bought strawberries today. Does that count?

Mum/yumtostrawberries

Jessica Jones said...

Definitely. You're on the strawberry wavelength.

Toni said...

Too cute

Billy said...

There are really strawberries on her shirt ... too strange.

Delia said...

Strawberry origami? No way. I love it. Thanks for always sharing such unique and interesting ideas.

Bek said...

ohhh, I love the strawberries for our play kitchen! How fun :)

I was so sad that this was the first week we didn't get strawberries from our CSA. Really really sad. This brightened my day a bit!

Anonymous said...

You are the princess of strawberry,
(in German) die Erdbeerfee!

Jessica Jones said...

Are you sure that doesn't mean princess of beer?

kim said...

I have a niece who asked Santa for cloth strawberries this year. Nothing else. ;)
I know what I am making her for her birthday next week~

Thank you - these are too cute and oh so simple!

;)

Rebekah Leigh said...

I love this post!I will be trying this out, Thanks!

babalisme said...

You are guilty of sending me into a major strawberry crush! I made a strawberry juice today because of you!

Estefi said...

This is so cute :)

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

Those were definitely strawberries on her shoulders! Interesting kitchy look/sound...and the bee brooch and midnight blue peep toes, and how the gutarist rest one foot on top of the other. :)

Unknown said...

Thank yo for the great post...I will be trying these for sure!

Bird said...

Oh Jessica,
I've made some with polka dot fabric:
http://birdcrafts.blogspot.com/2009/12/strawberry-inspired-stocking-fillers.html

Used them to embellish girl-y thing!!

YUM!!

Liza said...

way too fun!!! seeing these just made me want some strawberries. grocery store run!!

CALM ELM CRAFTS said...

I love strawberries, but not as much as I love your blog. I've been a long time follower :)

Crafts World said...

I like the origami strawberries. Very creative!
I also love this blog! :)

Farah said...

Strawberry is my favorite fruit,
and I would love to make strawberries from felt.
Btw, your blog is wonderful. It gives me inspiration.