Free Twitter backgrounds by Nate Williams | How About Orange

January 04, 2010

Free Twitter backgrounds by Nate Williams

Welcome to 2010, everyone! Hope you had a refreshing holiday break. I'm still on mine until Thursday, so I'm trying to avoid making eye contact with my computer as much as possible. Heading into Christmas vacation I'd wondered if I had a computer addiction and wouldn't be able to stay off my Mac. Nope. Turns out I can quit any time I want—easily. Yeah, that's what they all say, but I've tested it and it's true. Last week I was hunting through my recipe box for cake and found this Thomas Merton quote printed on a scrap of paper. I have no idea where it came from or when I put it in there. It reinforced my longing to move to a deserted island.

Ironically, before typing that last paragraph, I had set out to write a post about Twitter backgrounds. My island will absolutely not have Twitter access. But if you must spend hours tweeting, you may as well freshen up your page with a cool background by illustrator Nate Williams. Visit his gallery of patterns, click your fave, hit "no" to tiling the pattern, and save the image. Upload it to Twitter and click the check box to tile it.

17 comments:

Sonja @ Craft-Werk said...

that was a fantastic link. Downloaded a new background - so much better than what i had before. Thanks!!

Tegan | Celebrate Twelve13 said...

I think I am one of the last people on the planet who does not "tweet"... I wonder how long I can hold out... it's not looking good.

birdykins said...

So completely fantastic. Thanks for the link :)

Grandma G said...

No, no... NO!!!! I refuse to "tweet"!!! I don't need ONE MORE THING to keep track of... or distract me from keeping track of other stuff!

Nice backgrounds, tho. ;)

Andrea said...

I tweet, but barely....I think I will just leave my background as it is...even those these are super cool.

Blessings, andrea

Grandma G said...

BTW, that is an awesome quote! I don't know that "violence" is necessarily the right word, but certainly a "lack of peace" fits in its place.

Anna said...

thats awesome. my twitter looks so happy now! thank you.

a blog about the little things said...

I now have a groovy Twitter background thanks to you & Nate Williams. I might have gone a bit beyond with matching colours ... but, hey, the world can use a little more groove.
Thanks for sharing the info!
@buttercupcaren

lp said...

Really thought provoking quote. The hyper busyness is such the American condition (or one of them), isn't it? I definitely succumb to it. Thanks for the reminder toward a thoughtful life.

Ann On and On... said...

I'm a no tweeter too. It will be fun to have you back.... Enjoy your time away. :D

(How crazy, my word verification is "sucks".....strange.)

sergun said...

they are so lovely..

Bek said...

Another non-tweeter here. But those backgrounds are super groovy! Love the colors.

Moving away from my hometown after getting married really helped me slow down. All the activities I had been doing that seemed so necessary weren't really missed (well, the people were, but not that frantic busy feeling. I've found I kind of like being a bit of a homebody. Sometimes.

Welcome back - on Thursday :)

Julieholic said...

thank u for sharing!!

arajendale said...

My twitter loved it! Haha! Thanks! ☺

Joanna said...

I love Nate's designs. Thanks for the suggestion!

hardiansyah said...

my twitter love it too.. :)

About Social Media said...

fantastic backgrounds! will definitely use this for my account. thank you for this